Thursday 12 March 2015

Marvel Pull List - Week of 18/03

Hey, what's up?  Cool, cool.  Not much on this end.  Going to wade through the Marvel new releases, see what strikes my fancy.  Let me guess, you LOVE Marvel!  Their movies are soooo good!  Uh-huh, ya, no, you're not wrong.  They ARE pretty cool.  But, sometimes decisions need to be made and my wallet and I decided that DC was where our heart and finances would lie.  Nothing wrong with Marvel.  I started getting in to comics because of Marvel, really.  They always seemed to be easier to find in my small hometown and my Uncle gave me a huge tub of old Amazing Spider-Man issues one X-mas when I was a kid, (which I still have, Uncle Lloyd), and it included this issue:


I still love Spider-Man.  He's still one of my favourite comic book characters.  Do I keep up on ol' PP anymore?  Nah, not really.  I mostly just let him do his thing these days.  But that doesn't change the fact that he was instrumental in establishing my love for sequential story telling.


BUT, and I don't use this but lightly, you didn't necessarily come here to read me wax poetic about a radioactive arachnid-infected, spandex clad, teenager. What you most likely DID come here for was to read me quip about the new trades.  So, with out further adieu, and absolutely no fanfare, we begin!



Oh, right, almost forgot - it's time for a Quick Disclaimer:

All of this information is suggested.  Sometimes books get delayed, sometimes they get cancelled all together. Most of the time the trades will be available.  Prices are also suggested and subject to change at the discretion of the shop owner or the publisher themselves.  

Ok, now that we've got that whole mess out of the way let's see if we can't get this Marvel worship started.  



MS. MARVEL VOL. 2: GENERATION WHY?



It seems that this is a relatively new series, a new version of Ms. Marvel with a new back story and new villains, with, I would assume, a new tone as well.  Judging by the cover and plot outline, (which sounds Saturday Morning cartoon-ish), this is a lighter, and perhaps, more comedic take on the character of Ms. Marvel, despite an appearance from Wolverine, her favourite super hero!  It would also seem that this is a fairly popular book as I found evidence of a Kamala-Con online, (Ms. Marvel's alter ego being Kamala Khan), which would appear to be a Con focused around our young, jargon spouting, cell phone texting, super heroine.  This could be good, could be bad.  I'll let you decide.    

SRP: 15.99
Contains: Ms. Marvel #6-11
Canadian Release Date (aka CRD): 07/04


DEADPOOL'S ART OF WAR


So, I guess Deadpool wants to be the next Sun Tzu.  Literally, that's the basis for this book. Deadpool writes his own Art of War and to ensure it sells like gang-busters he's going to start a war.  Starting a war is easy. Keeping it working for you is hard.  Especially when Loki shows up and takes you hostage with plans to use your war as a basis for world domination.  I'm not a huge Deadpool guy, he's pretty cool, but I enjoyed him more as a villain, or supporting anti-hero, then as a leading man.  But, what do I know?  This could be awesome.      

SRP: 12.99
Contains: Deadpool's Art Of War #1-4
CRD: 31/03


The Rest

So, that's it, actually for Marvel's trade releases this week.  2 trades, 7 hardcovers.  I'm going to list the HC's from now on, because....well, just because.  Might as well.  

All-New X-Men Volume 6: The Ultimate Adventure (HC), $24.99
Avengers By Kurt Busiek And George Perez Omnibus Volume 1 (HC), $125.00
Avengers Omnibus Volume 2 (HC - 2 covers), $99.99
Guardians Of The Galaxy Volume 4: Original Sin (HC), $24.99
Marvel Masterworks The Invincible The Iron Man Volume 9 (HC - 2 covers), $75.00
Superior Spider-Man Volume 3 (HC), $34.99
United States Of Murder Inc Volume 1: Truth (HC), $24.99 

No comments:

Post a Comment