Monday 4 May 2015

DC Pull List - Week of May 6th, 2015



I was going to talk about how good a sequel Age of Ultron was but that seems a little inappropriate with the blue and white star above us.  Maybe I'll save that.  Maybe I'll move on entirely by then.  Who knows?  My hardcover highlight this week is a type of book I don't usually show a lot of interest in - the art books.  I have no problem with them, per se - I just don't feel like shelling out the money for them.  The main reason I'm excited about this book is that I'm also excited for the new movie.  I'm talking about the Mad Max: Fury Road book where 65 top artists in the industry draw double page spreads all based on images from George Miller's post-apocalyptic desolation nightmare.  Any lover of fine, irradiated landscapes should take note. 


!!!DISCLAIMER!!!

All of this information is suggested. Sometimes books get delayed, sometimes they get cancelled all together. Most of the time the trades will be available. Prices are also suggested and subject to change at the discretion of the shop owner or the publisher themselves.

And hey, if you like what I'm doing tell your friends!  Give me a link, name drop me, plus 1 the posts on Google+ - it all helps.  And if you REALLY like me, (doubtful), then follow me on Twitter @TiberiusTaylor or just click this LINK.  Also, I started a Facebook group for those of us who aren't in to Twitter.  Thanks to everyone who does read - here's a bonus image to get you all fired up!




Superman Vs Darkseid



I don't know what I thought this would be, but I should have known it would just be a random collection of stories that don't have any overall arc to them. My Comic Shop could barely even muster a full sentence to describe it: "The Man Of Steel battle the dark lord of Apokolips". You don't say! I could NOT have figured that out from the title or the splashy cover by Adam Kubert. I guess it's not entirely their fault - there really isn't much else to say. I'm surprised I've managed to ramble on this long about it. This is a book for the uninitiated, (which is nothing to be ashamed of), not for the continuity geeks.

SRP: $19.99
Contains:  Superman (2nd Series) #3, Adventures of Superman #426, Action Comics #586, Superman vs. Darkseid: Apokolips Now! Superman/Batman #12-13, Countdown (to Final Crisis) #3-2, Death of the New Gods #8 and Justice League (2011) #23.1
CRD: May 12th, 2015


Smallville - Season 11 Vol. 6: Alien



I don't know if we need this.  Smallville was interesting at the time but, in the current landscape of silver screen heroics, has started feeling a little too quaint to be of any interest anymore. Apparently I was one of the few who breathed a sigh or relief when it finally ended because the Season 11 series is on it's sixth volume now.  I'm just not sure what else they could have done with this without full on borrowing from the all ready established mythos and if they're doing that then the whole thing really makes no sense.  The write-up and some covers I saw name drop Gotham City, Martian Manhunter, Constantine, Tess Mercer, the Monitor, Zatanna, Jay Garrick and the list goes on.  How much room could there be left for Tom Welling?     

SRP: $16.99
Contains: Smallville - Season 11: Special #3 and Smallville - Season 11: Alien #1-4.
CRD: May 12th, 2015

THE REST

Girl Who Played With Fire
Batman/Superman Vol. 2: Game Over
Batman/Superman Vol. 3: Second Chance (HC)
Batman - Earth One Vol. 2 (HC)
Dial H (HC - Deluxe Edition)
Mad Max - Fury Road: Inspired Artists  (HC - Deluxe Edition)



No comments:

Post a Comment