Thursday 21 May 2015

DOUBLE PULLS: DC - May 20th, 2015; Marvel - May 27th, 2015

So, I'm doing my first Double List because I was sick the previous weekend but wanted to make sure Monday's DC list went up. I'm trying to not make a habit of being late/skipping lists but I'm finding it very difficult, so I do apologize for that.  




!!!DISCLAIMER!!!


All of this information is suggested. Sometimes books get delayed, sometimes they get cancelled all together. Most of the time the trades will be available. Prices are also suggested and subject to change at the discretion of the shop owner or the publisher themselves.

And hey, if you like what I'm doing tell your friends!  Give me a link, name drop me, plus 1 the posts on Google+ - it all helps.  And if you REALLY like me, (doubtful), then follow me on Twitter @TiberiusTaylor or just click this LINK.  Also, I started a Facebook group for those of us who aren't in to Twitter.  Thanks to everyone who does read, it means a lot - here's a bonus cross over image to get you all fired up!








********************************************************************





Half and half for the Big Blue this week.  Couple of Superhero books and a couple of alternative titles.  

JLA Vol. 7



Continuing the reprint of the complete run of the mid 90's, (well, it crossed decades, but it started in the 90's) version of the JLA rebooted by Grant Morrison.  The current collection continues Joe Kelly and Doug Mahnke's turn at the helm.  A lot of the original, smaller trades for this series are out of print and kind of expensive, (I noticed one of them selling for $75 through an eBay type deal).  I'm going to be snatching these up while they're available.  

SRP: $24.99
Contains: JLA #77-93
CRD:  May 26th, 2015 


The Unwritten Vol. 11 Apocalypse



This is the last volume that reprints the series by Mike Carey under the Vertigo banner.  I didn't know any of that when I randomly selected this title out of curiosity.  Sounds like some good fantasy.  Lot's of other author's with quotes on the book about how smart it is, how they wish they'd thought of it, how fun and addictive it is et cetera, et cetera. 

SRP: $16.99
Contains: Unwritten: Apocalypse #7-12
CRD:  May 26th, 2015


THE REST

FBP - Federal Bureau Of Physics Vol. 3: Standing On Shoulders
Ex Machina Vol. 5
Batman Detective Comics Vol. 5: Gothopia 
Batman Detective Comics Volume 6 Icarus (HC)



Lots of trades from the Raging Red this week.   


Thanos Vs Hulk


I almost published the new post without writing anything about this book!  It's Jim Starlin so I know the cosmic stuff will be handled well, (he did some of those kinds of books for DC and I enjoyed them).  This mini series was from last year so I'm not sure if anything in here will tie in to the upcoming Infinity Gauntlet movie or if it's a mostly unrelated story that just happens to star an Avenger.  There's an issue of Warlock from the mid-70's included after the mini-series so I can only assume it ties in somehow.  

SRP: $16.99
Contains: Thanos vs. Hulk  #1-4 and Warlock (1st Series) #12
CRD: June 9th, 2015

Deadpool Classic Vol. 11: Merc With A Mouth 



I'm not really surprised that Deadpool has trades coming out with the "Classic" sub-heading, (he's what?  25 years old now?), I'm more surprised that there's enough 'classic' material to fill 11 volumes. And considering this one is reprinting stuff that's only 5 or 6 years old it does seem that everything Deadpool has ever done is classic. 

SRP: $34.99
Contains:  Deadpool: Merc with a Mouth #1-13 and Lady Deadpool
CRD: June 16th, 2015


THE REST 

All-New Invaders Vol. 3: The Martians Are Coming 
Deadpool Vol. 8: All Good Things 
Deathlok Vol. 1: Control Alt Delete
Guardians 3000 Vol. 1: Time After Time 
Nick Fury Agent Of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Classic Vol. 3 
Nightcrawler Vol. 2: Reborn 
Wolverines Vol. 2: Claw Blade And Fang
Giant Size X-Men 40th Anniversary (HC)



2 comments:

  1. That Deadpool Classic book is bizarre because, until this point, the series was reprinting Deadpool's first few miniseries and then his first ongoing (along with its follow-up, Agent X), which ran from 1997 through 2003. Starting with Vol. 11, though, the series appears to have jumped forward more than a decade (completely ignoring Deadpool's second ongoing) in order to reprint various miniseries that were published around the height of the character's popularity in the late 2000's. According to Amazon, the next two volumes will collect "Deadpool Corps" and "Deadpool Team-Up"...how strange.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info! I didn't know that! I'm sure there's some sort of licensing issue but that seems odd to have a series where the point would appear to be a complete reprint of Deadpool's back catalogue and then arbitratily jump over a large chunk of it. Maybe those pieces are reprinted in readily available trades?

      Delete