Monday 1 June 2015

Indie Pull List - Week of June 3rd, 2015


I won't lie - I totally lied to those who follow the Twitter.  The Indies were indeed NOT up last night as advertised.  In my slight defense it wasn't a total lie.  I really intended to put them up. But a buddy of mine sent me some music he wrote that he needed vocals on and I kind of got stoked on this one song so I recorded it last night while the coals of inspiration were still hot. Luckily, he liked what I did, so, it was worth it.  But, still: 



!!!DISCLAIMER!!!


All of this information is suggested. Sometimes books get delayed, sometimes they get cancelled all together. Most of the time the trades will be available. Prices are also suggested and subject to change at the discretion of the shop owner or the publisher themselves.

And hey, if you like what I'm doing tell your friends!  Give me a link, name drop me, plus 1 the posts on Google+ - it all helps.  And if you REALLY like me, (doubtful), then follow me on Twitter @TiberiusTaylor or just click this LINK.  Also, I started a Facebook group for those of us who aren't in to Twitter.  Thanks to everyone who does read, it means a lot - here's a bonus image to get you all fired up!





Big Trouble In Little China Vol. 1 


I think I'm still high on cult classics after seeing the new Mad Max this weekend so when I saw a Big Trouble book coming out I had to throw it up.  It's written by Eric Powell and John Carpenter.  Yeah, the John Carpenter that created the original - so, that should make this feel more like a sequel and not just the "Continuing Adventures of Jack Burton".  Kudos to Boom! for this one.  

Publisher: Boom! Studios
SRP: $14.99
Contains: Big Trouble In Little China #1-4
CRD: June 9th, 2015




Crypt Of Horror Vol. 25


I threw this up because I like the old school horror comics and thought this would be fun to look up.  It's proving to be a little more difficult than I originally thought.  Amazon.ca doesn't have it listed for Canadian info and My Comic Shop has a few of the trades listed but not this particular one.  I ended up going to the AC Comics website for proper info.  These collections feature 140 pages of pre-comics code stories from names like Bud Powell, Steve Ditko and Mike Esposito.  Good stuff. 

Publisher: AC Comics
SRP: $29.95
Contains: Various stories by various authors 
CRD: ???


Angry Birds/Transformers - Age Of Eggstinction


IDW does some of the weirdest crossover's but this one has to take the cake.  They literally must have grabbed names from a hat and said, "sure, whatever".  Apparently there's Autobirds and Deceptipigs and the Allspark ends up on Piggie Island so the Transformer's have to, I guess, fight the Deceptipigs with the Autobirds.  Judging by that plot the writer must have said, "sure, whatever" as well.    

Publisher: IDW
SRP: $12.99
Contains: Angry Birds/Transformers #1-4
CRD: June 16th, 2015




THE REST


ACTION LAB ENTERTAINMENT
Gronk - A Monster’s Story Vol. 3
Vamplets Nightmare Nursery Vol. 3 (HC)

ALTUS PRESS
Doc Savage - The New Adventures Vol. 9: The Ice Genius
ANTARCTIC PRESS
Last Zombie Zomnibus (Brian Keene Signed Edition)

BEARMANOR MEDIA
How To Be A Superhero

CORGI
Phoenix

DARK HORSE COMICS
Captain Midnight Vol. 5: Lost Time
Complete Pistolwhip (HC)
Courageous Princess Vol. 2: The Unremembered Lands (HC)
Eerie Archives Vol. 19 (HC)
Father’s Day
Frankenstein - The Mad Science Of Dick Briefer TP
Hero Vol. 1 (HC)
Sundowners Vol. 1
Usagi Yojimbo Saga Vol. 3 (Deluxe HC available as well)

DYNAMITE ENTERTAINMENT
Flash Gordon Omnibus Vol. 1: The Man From Earth
Justice Inc Vol. 1

FANFARE PRESENTS BORDERLINE PRESS
Verity Fair Custard Dreams And Pink Elephants

IDW PUBLISHING
Amazing Spider-Man - The Ultimate Newspaper Comics Collection Vol. 1: 1977-1978 (HC)
Bigger Bang
Bravo For Adventure (HC)
Dragonlance Classics Vol. 1
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Vol. 11: Attack On Technodrome

IMAGE COMICS
Criminal Vol. 5: The Sinners
Fuse Vol. 2: Gridlock

KODANSHA COMICS
Fairy Tail Vol. 48
My Little Monster Vol. 8

NOBROW PRESS
Spectators

ONI PRESS
Bunker Vol. 2

PERFECT SQUARE
Pokemon XY Vol. 3

PS ARTBOOKS
Roy Thomas Presents - Planet Comics Vol. 4 (HC - Slipcase Version Available Also)
Roy Thomas Presents - Planet Comics Vol. 8 (HC - Slipcase Version Available Also)
Roy Thomas Presents - Rulah Jungle Goddess Vol. 2 (HC - Slipcase Version Available Also)

QUIRK BOOKS
League Of Regrettable Superheroes

REBELLION
A.B.C. Warriors - Return To Mars (HC)

SEVEN SEAS ENTERTAINMENT
D-Frag Vol. 5
Girls Und Panzer Vol. 4

STONE ARCH BOOKS
Far Out Fairy Tales - Ninja-Rella
Far Out Fairy Tales - Red Riding Hood Superhero
Far Out Fairy Tales - Snow White And The Seven Robots

TITAN COMICS
Cat With The Really Big Head

UNCIVILIZED PRESS
Borb

VALIANT ENTERTAINMENT
Bloodshot Vol. 6: The Glitch And Other Tales

VERTICAL COMICS
Ajin Demi-Human Vol. 5

VIZ MEDIA
Dragon Ball - 3-In-1 Vol. 9








No comments:

Post a Comment